Each weekday we are prepared to see a sick child who should be examined on that day.
Making a Sick Visit Appointment
- Call our nursing staff early to request a same-day sick visit with the next available provider.
- We will make every effort to schedule your sick child with the provider of your choice. The schedule will not always permit this.
- Sick visits involving chronic complaints require more time than acute problems. When you call please tell the nurse if the problem has been long-standing or recent. New patients with chronic complaints require a regularly scheduled appointment.
What to Expect at Your Sick Visit
We work as a team with highly qualified pediatric triage nurses and medical assistants to provide a comprehensive and complete experience to ensure the health and well-being of your child.
- You maybe directed to enter a separate “sick entrance”, where you will be met by a medical assistant who will be expecting you. Our staff will go over a brief questionnaire, ensure you are wearing a mask, take your temperature and weight, and then escort you to an exam room to wait for the provider.
- The provider will ask for a history of illness. (Your chart will have an entry of the phone call with the main complaint listed, but the provider will go into more detailed questions.)
- They will then start the exam. It is common for them to look into the ears and throat and listen to the chest in all exams except those visits associated with trauma (accidental injury to a body part that is recent and history verified—e.g., a motor vehicle accident, fall, or sports injury).
- After the exam is completed, the provider will give you a treatment plan. This may include a prescription, a referral to a specialist or care you can provide at home. Any questions that you have regarding the exam will be answered in detail. We can be as brief or detailed as you need to help provide the information you need to care for your child.
If you need a note to excuse your child from school or another activity, please ask; we are more than happy to comply!